Friday, September 9, 2016

Welcome To Retail Pt 3 (Racism)

This is one issue that might not happen between co-workers , but it's usually with customers whose hearts are deep rooted in hate. We have to tackle this issue before it gets any worse. I know personally for myself , there are certain customers of various races that do not like me because of the color of my skin , or the way that I speak. Nevertheless , I will never allow them to have power over me , and neither should you. Regardless of how they might come off , you still have a responsibility to give service to the customer. That might be one of the bitterest pills to swallow , but we still have a job to do. Don't give any excuse to lack in performance because of someone else's ignorance. Still today in a place like America , people still don't know how to love each other without seeing race. The same goes for a place like retail . In retail , you come across many different characters who have an agenda. Your job is not to find out what that agenda is. You need to stay rooted in who you are , so you don't lose the essence of yourself. I can recall one instance where I told a customer she would have to swipe her card instead of inserting it . She got angry at me, and then said I was acting belligerent ( a word that I had heard many times before from law enforcement. Stay focus , and perform the task of your job well. If you have any discrepancies with a customer , please contact human resources or your manager. No one should make you feel uncomfortable for any reason at all .

No comments:

Post a Comment